Friday, February 11, 2011

trails virses happiness

The other day I woke up grumpy, seemed like nothing would go right the whole day. The smallest thing would make me mad and irritated. But as the day wore on things started to look better the grumpiness began to fade and the little things didn't bug me near as much. It was a good thing things started to shape up, because I was starting to get on peoples nerves.! When my attitude started to change I started to realize that the trails in life don't have to ruin our happiness it is a choice we have to make each and every day. Today I choose happiness!! :)


During this tough time in my life I have been able to see good things come out of it. Like having the willingness too look into my life and work on the walls that I have built over time. I have learned that I can't grow stronger without the trails and I can't experience true happiness without a few tears. If I let all the bad things in my life rule me I would be an extremely bitter person. Instead I have to let the good come with the bad and be thankful for both.
Do my trails out way my happiness? Some days I would say yes, only because I am letting bitterness and anger rule my life, other days I would say no, because I am looking at life with my glass half full not half empty. I have so much to be thankful for, a warm house, people who love me and stand beside me, and a God who loves me for who I am...to name a few. God never said that life would be easy, He warned us that there would be fights and tears, but He also said that there would be happiness in the midst of our pain.
Just stopped to think and read a little from my Bible, when I came across this verse.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me. Psalm 138:7
A little ray of sunshine to continue to brighten my day!
Thanks to all who have brought a smile to my face in the last few months, it has been much appreciated! :) If I were to start naming names I would probably miss somebody so I will leave at Thanks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.