All through my life I have heard the song "Lean On Me" I have sung it and read the words, but really only took parts of it to heart. Now as I get older and there are more trails in my life to overcome I am beginning to understand it more. God doesn't want us just to lean on Him when the times are bad, He wants us to lean on Him at all times.
In recent months I have gone through a lot of heart ache that has caused me to reach deep inside myself to find out who I truly am. I have learned that while I am digging for clues I am beginning to fight God, not a good thing to do, because He tends to find ways to poke and prod until you listen to Him. His poking and prodding has been telling me that I need to stop digging and to start leaning, leaning on His everlasting arms. Its extremely hard for me to do that, I want to get to the bottom of the stuff in my life and He wants me to lean. All day long I battle with it, why can't I just stop digging and just lean? Probably because it is human nature to do our own thing, I just have to continue to work at it, the leaning that is. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.