Thursday, February 10, 2011

Comfort Zones

I love to learn new things that push me outside of my comfort zone, things like snowboarding and wake boarding. The first time out is always the hardest, because you don't know what to expect. As you do it more you become more confident and try new things. Sometimes it works to try new things other times you wipe out and aren't sure that you want to get up and try it again. The pain is a reminder of what happen the last time and it scares you to the point that you think twice about going forward with the goals you have set for yourself. If you don't get up and try again you regret not reaching your goals. 

Isn't that the same in life, God asks us to step out of our comfort zones and try new things, to learn how to trust Him. Yes, it is scary, we may slip and fall, but if we trust Him He is always there to pick us up and put us back on our feet. Sometimes the picking up part seems to take forever though. Some comfort zones are easy to get accustom to, others are like pulling teeth.
God has thrown me into tough comfort zone challenge in the last few months. He asked me to speak up and not stay silent about thing in my past, I had to confront those things head on. ( I do not like confrontation.)That was like hitting a brick wall, I had given everything to step out and say what I had to, only to be given the cold shoulder. For me this felt like I had failed, I failed myself and others who were silently counting on me. I also felt like I had failed God, He had given me this important task to do and I couldn't solve it. My heart sank I sat there in a puddle of tears, now what? Then I felt God put His hand on me and say, "Now that you said it once don't be afraid to say it again and again, the truth is the truth no matter what anybody tries to tell you, I gave you a voice use it." And that is what I did, I let the truth be know as hard and uncomfortable as that was. That was only the beginning of God helping me get back on my feet, because after awhile I got tired of telling my story, I began to hold it in , and the pain began to creep in again and I began to let go of Gods hand, but with a little more prodding I began to talk to the people who already knew, because it was easier then having to go through the whole thing again, yes that helped but God kept prodding me to write my feelings down, so I am and the pain is easing little by little. The pain is uncomfortable, but strengthening at the same time. Thanks for reading!
Thanks you God for pushing me out of my comfort zone, so that I can heal. Thank you for teaching me to lean on You when times are tough. Thank you for friends who are there to talk to when I am at my wits end.
And most of all thank you for making me, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.