Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Growing Pains

Do you remember as a child when your legs ached because you were growing? As we grow up our growing pains change from physical aches and pains into emotional aches and pains. Some are little and we hardly even notice them, others are so big that we are afraid that everyone around us can see our pain. The pain is good even if we don't want to admit it, it is helping us grow stronger.


As I go through life's growing pains I am learning how to lean on God more and more. I've always know that He is there for me and that He is taking care of me, but I never really completely relied on Him to be my Comforter. Why is it that we as humans tend to rely more on God when times are extremely tough, not when times are easy and we feel like we are sailing through life?
There are days that I wish I could rewind the clock and change the events of the last few months, but I can't, I have to hold on to God and let Him comfort me, I also have to let those He has placed in my life comfort me. I honestly wish I could look you in the eyes and say that this is easy for me, but I would be lying. Dealing with the discomfort of the growing pains is making it hard for me to be comforted. I want to become a stronger woman through the growing pains, but because of the pain I tend to fight it. There are times I pull away from those who are trying to comfort me, because I think I am strong enough to do it on my own, or because they might touch a nerve that is already sore. That only ends up turning full circle and making me more miserable, why can't I just give in?!
Well as I work on growing and maturing into a woman who can let down her guard to be comforted by God and those close to me, I will continue to struggle, but I will grow stronger day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.