Sunday, August 12, 2012

The rough long road

Ever traveled down a rough road in which you thought would never end? You bump along feeling every rut, every large rock that comes in the way of the tires. When you finally reach the end of the road you feel great relief knowing that you succeeded because you pushed through.
There are rough long roads in life too, ones that feel like they will never end. I was on one of those roads ... It was stressful and full of ruts. It took me standing of for myself to get off that rough long road. Standing up for myself came with a lot of pain, a lot of unknowns, a lot of loss... But in the end I found myself. There was always the fear of failing along the way, or not completing what I had set out to do. I have to thank those who have been by my on this rough road. I find myself wandering back down that road from time to time. The wrongs that happened on that road will haunt me for the rest of my life, but the peace I have found from my journey is immeasurable.
When life gives you rough roads don't let them destroy you, instead ride them out and grow from them and teach others how to get down it. There is happiness at the end! There is peace too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.