The trail I am on is hard and extremely slippery. I don't have any clue when I will ever see the top of this mountain. The trees are tall and thick. I'm scared that I'm not going to have the strength to make it to the top, but I have to get up every morning knowing that God is there for me and that I have friends cheering me on.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Not giving up!
Ever climbed a mountain and thought you were never going to make it to the top. You continue to look up to see how much further you have to go, but all you can see is a turn in the trail and tall trees blocking your site. Giving up would mean you have failed, so you take another step and another. The trail is slippery and your foot slips, so you grab onto the nearest branch to keep from sliding further. You know that the view at the top is spectacular and that continues to drive you on no matter what you run into. Don't give up believing in yourself.
I have been climbing my mountain for many years, it started when I lost my relationship with my dad. Don't get me wrong I love my dad, we've just grow apart, wedges got put in-between us. For years I thought we would never regain our relationship, but with the help of friends I was able to start regaining our relationship. I found that while I was working on my relationship with my dad I began to get flack from those that initially put wedges between me and my dad. So when it came to a time when my dad needed to stand up for me, he didn't because of the wedges. Now our relationship is is worse then it was before and I would love to have it back to the way it was when my dad could be there for me. (When? Who knows?) I feel like this has effected my life in a big way, all I've ever wanted is to feel the warmth of my dads arms around me, telling me that he loves me and is there for me no matter what. This is something I haven't felt since I was very young. Others have tried to give me a daddy hug but to no avail, nobody can hold you the way a dad can. I miss my dad tons. I remember laying awake at night wishing my dad would come down to my room and give me a great big daddy hug.
The trail I am on is hard and extremely slippery. I don't have any clue when I will ever see the top of this mountain. The trees are tall and thick. I'm scared that I'm not going to have the strength to make it to the top, but I have to get up every morning knowing that God is there for me and that I have friends cheering me on.
The trail I am on is hard and extremely slippery. I don't have any clue when I will ever see the top of this mountain. The trees are tall and thick. I'm scared that I'm not going to have the strength to make it to the top, but I have to get up every morning knowing that God is there for me and that I have friends cheering me on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.